ZOOM! Tooth Whitening Treatment
Description of the Procedure
Zoom! In-office tooth whitening is a procedure designed to lighten the color of teeth using a combination of a hydrogen peroxide gel and a specially designed ultraviolet lamp. The Zoom! Treatment involves using the gel and lamp in conjunction with each other to produce maximum whitening results in the shortest possible time. Before and after the treatment, the shade of your teeth will be assessed and recorded. It takes 24 to 48 hours for full re-hydration. During this period, we ask you to avoid certain foods and products which can stain.
Here are some examples of what you CAN and CAN NOT eat or drink after the procedure. You do not want to eat any food with color (anything that would stain a white shirt) for 48 hours after the procedure.
Example of what you CAN eat:
- Drink: milk, water, clear soda
- Fruits: bananas, apple (no peel)
- White bread or flour tortillas
- Plain yogurts, white cheese, sour cream
- Cottage cheese, white rice, baked potato
- Plain pasta and white sauce
- Turkey or skinless breast
Example of what you CAN NOT eat:
- Drink: red wine, dark cola’s, coffee, tea
- Fruits: grapes or any fruit with color
- Mustard or ketchup
- Red sauces
- Soy sauce or steak sauce
- Red meat
No smoking and No lipstick
You may experience some tooth sensitivity during this period. To prevent this, take 600mg of Ibuprofen
(3 tabs of regular Advil or Motrin) every 4 hours for 24 hours.
Please feel free to call us should you have any questions or concerns.