1) Our doctors hired CountrySide Heating and Cooling upgraded our HVAC system to accept the highest level available, ventilation filters called the MERV16 HEPA filters which filter out dust, mold, bacteria and viruses.
2) Our doctors hired CountrySide Heating and Cooling professionally installed the I-WAVE-R Electronic air cleaner in our HVAC system which attracts and destroys bacteria and viruses.
3) Our doctors purchased and routinely use the portable Novaerus 900 Air-Purification system that is on a specialized cart, used to clear and clean the air in our operatories in both wings of our office.
4) Our doctors purchased and routinely use the portable AMD VacStation with multi-layered filtration, HEPA and UV disinfection that is on a specialized cart, used to clean the air chairside in our operatories during patient treatment. Especially effective during the use of the air abrasion units and highspeed handpieces where aerosols are produced.
5) Our doctors installed 1/2" plexiglass operatory barrier protection (splash guards) between our eight ops and behind each dental chair which satisfies the social distance 6 feet rule.
6) Our doctors installed 1/2" plexiglass front desk barrier protection (sneeze guards) at our business check-in and business check-out areas.
7) Our doctors hired an accredited infection control consultant and devised infection control protocol, sterilization protocol, Covid-19 protocol, emergency protocol and OSHA protocol manual which is constantly updated.
8) Our doctors hired an extra dental assistant to assist hygienists, assistants, doctors and the business team.
PERSONAL PROTECTION EQUIPMENT (PPE)
1) Our doctors purchased full length, droplet repellent gowns which they are wearing and laundering after each patient if aerosol is created.
2) Our doctors purchased full length, droplet repellent gowns which are changed when performing hygiene exams during their operative schedules.
3) Our doctors purchased N-95 masks for use in the business and operative areas by all our team.
4) Our doctors purchased highly sensitive, non-contact thermometers to screen and record the temperatures of all our team and all our patients on a daily basis.
5) Our doctors received and also purchased protective masks that can be laundered for all our team and all our patients.
6) Our doctors purchased Bio-hazard containers for each room to place contaminated masks, scrubs and gowns.
7) Our doctors purchased different pen containers for sanitized and used pens to help prevent cross-contamination.
8) Our doctors purchased hair nets and surgery caps for our team.
9) Our doctors provide on-going team training on all safety and office protocols.
10) Our doctors provided PPE training for our team.
11) Our doctors purchased protective face-shield for the hygiene, assistant and doctor teams.
12) Our doctors and team members are kept up to date with ongoing continuing education and we have monthly department and team meetings to collaborate.
ADDITIONAL PATIENT PROTECTION
1) All our patients are asked to wear protective masks when in our building whether it is their own or lent to the patient by our office.
2) All our patients are asked to wash with provided hand sanitizer when entering and leaving our building.
3) All patients receive an anti-bacterial, pre-procedural rinse for one minute.
4) Our doctors purchased Iso-Lite and Iso-Dry patient protection and oral evacuation systems for all our operatories (hygiene and operative departments) for every patient when indicated to minimize aerosols.
1) Our office instituted new policies to minimize transmission of dirt, saliva, blood, disease, germs, bacteria and viruses such as keeping route slips out of operatories in order to minimize spread to front business area.
2) Our office minimizes human point of contact by opening doors from front office to the back office.
3) Our reception room has been arranged for social distancing and all magazines and brochures have been removed or positioned behind the business area available by request.
4) Patients are asked to enter building only just before their scheduled appointment and they are instructed to have their companions or family members wait in their vehicle and not enter the building if they are not conducting business in our building.
5) Our doctors purchased and are trained in online Virtual Care Consultations and online Smile Consultations for patients using ZOOM.
6) When possible, our team avoids utilizing operatories that are adjacent to where a patient currently is or was to allow our HVAC systems to clean the air.
7) Our team routinely cleans the restroom and wipes down the business check-in and check-out desk as well as all door handles in our building.