Caring for your Bridges
- Avoid chewing for at least one half-hour after placement of temporary bridge
- Avoid eating hard or sticky foods, especially chewing gum. If possible, chew on opposite side of mouth.
- Brush normally, but floss very carefully.
- If teeth are sensitive to hot, cold, pressure, use desensitizing toothpaste. If sensitivity increases, or persists beyond a few days, call us.
- To reduce gum soreness, rinse with warm salt water.
- Call us immediately if temporary Bridge comes off. Save the temporary so it can be re-cemented back on.
- Call our office if bite is uneven. You may need a bite adjustment.
- Avoid chewing until numbness has completely worn off.
- Avoid chewing ice or other hard objects.
- Brush and floss normally. Use floss threader to clean under bridge.
- To reduce any discomfort, rinse 3 times a day with warm salt water. It is normal for your gums to be sore for several days.
- Call our office if your bites feels uneven, you have sensitivity, or discomfort that increases or continues beyond three or four days.
Any questions or concerns please call our office @ 507-625-CARE (2273)
Our Caring & Trained Team of Professionals Are Ready to Help You get Healthy Today!
North Mankato Family Dentistry
Dr. Angela M. Schuck & Dr. Keith P. Flack
(507) 625-CARE (2273)
SEDATION DENTISTRY ... Wake Up To A Beautiful Smile!